Gmail add-on always says "Could not post comment"

I have been using the Gmail add-on for task creation and it works fairly well (if noticeably slowly).

However, I have never been able to add an email to an already existing task. Clearly the feature is intended to be there…I can search for a task and hit “POST COMMENT”, but the inevitable response is “Could not post comment”.

Has anyone been able to get this to work, and if so, how? Many thanks!cant%20post%20asana%20comment%20via%20gmail%20addon

Does anyone use this feature?

Asana folks, can you comment?

Contacted support.

Mods, you may as well close this monologue. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Stephanie_Oberg, thanks for getting in touch with our Support Team, sorry for not following up on this sooner!

I will make sure to follow up on this and update your thread once the answer to this problem has been found.

1 Like

Apologies for the disconnect @Stephanie_Oberg; I’ll let @Edda follow-up on this! Feel free to @mention us (@Marie, @Edda) when you want to attract our attention :slight_smile:

Thanks, @Marie and @Edda! Would you mind testing this on your systems? Asana Support has given me some tests to run that will take a while - I’d rather hear first from at least 1 person that they have actually been able to make this feature work, before I take the time to run the tests suggested. Thanks!

Hey @Stephanie_Oberg!

I have checked this on my end, could you confirm that you have added your comment in the line above the “Post Comment” field?

If I click on “Post Comment” without first typing a comment I actually see the same message.

Please let me know if this helps or if your issue is still ongoing!

2 Likes

Ahh, that helps. I see I was expecting a different behavior…basically that I could add the contents of an email to an existing task, analogously to using an email to create a task. But in fact the added comment is just a straight comment which must be typed or pasted into the field of the email add-on. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

Thanks so much for letting us know that this has worked for you! Sorry again about the delay in getting back to you on this, I hope you don’t mind that I have now marked my previous answer as the solution to this thread.

Of course, if you run into any issues in the future or if you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to create a new thread in the Community Forum :hearts:

1 Like