Global Shortcut To Add A New Task

Can we have a global shortcut to quickly enter a new task (like clicking on + > Task). Enter is not an option for me.

Hi @amadeusp81,

Have you tried TAB+Q?

1 Like

If he’s wanting a global shortcut. Tab + Q is not a good option as it only works if you’re already in Asana.

1 Like

Meanwhile I got used to switching to the app and hitting TAB+Q. Thanks guys!

If you’re on a Mac, and have Alfred, you can use that to add tasks to Asana. Alfred has a global shortcut.

TAB-Q is not well documented. I only found it when looking for the place to vote for creating it. If you Ctrl-F for “task” on Keyboard shortcuts in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide, you don’t find it (because “New Task” is Enter).

An easy fix would be to change “Quick Add” to “Quick Add (new task)” or similar on that page.

1 Like

Hi,
We are waiting for a global shortcut to create tasks even if you dont have Asana or Chrome in focus. Without this shortcut workflow is not optimal. Todoist and other task management has this feature witch might sound trivial but is for us user nessesary to have a quick workflow. This might be a showstopper moving my whole 10 pers team into Asana.

Pls dont give other advice about other shortcuts from within Asana or Chrome extension. This is not what your user is asking for. To align with the GTD methology you need to solve this please. Its the only thing missing to make Asana 100% competative over more simple solutions like Todoist. Best regards

Hi,

This is a great suggestion, maybe @Rebecca_McGrath @Emily_Roman we should turn it into a Product Feedback?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, @Stellan_Kristiansson! We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Global Shortcut To Add A New Task to consolidate feedback. We don’t have immediate plans to implement a global shortcut to create tasks, we will update the thread if we have any news in the future.

In the meantime, you can quickly create new tasks typing task.new in your browser: Create a new Asana task from any browser address bar with task.new

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Coming here to say that I’d really love a global shortcut to add a new task too! :smiling_face_with_tear:

shift CMD + does it for me

Alfred newb here… any chance you can direct me on how to use Alfred with Asana for the global shortcut? :slight_smile:

great. this is the answer. now, how do i turn this off…