🆕 Create new Asana tasks directly from your browser with task.new

Hi folks,

Did you know you can now create quick tasks in Asana with our new Google task.new shortcut?
Simply type task.new into your browser while you’re logged into Asana and you’ll go straight to a fresh new task.

Click here to test it now :point_right: https://task.new

ezgif.com-gif-maker (5)

15 Likes

wow! That’s a great shortcut! Love it! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Sorry but I am not convinced by this feature, it takes ages to load Asana and open the creation panel. It is way quicker to have Asana opened all day or use the Chrome extension :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Let’s be honest. I’m not closing Asana. Tab+Q all day!

4 Likes

A neat little feature that makes things more convenient! I have to say I agree with @Bastien_Siebman and @LEGGO and leaving an Asana tab open at all times is part of my standard opened tabs for me (along with my Google Calendar, Gmail, and CRM) but I like that the Asana Dev team is trying to find new ways to make things easier!

2 Likes

Spot on @Matt_Dickinson! Now… if these sort of things lead to me telling Siri to create tasks to specific projects in Asana… then I’m listening… :wink:

I’ve already broken 3 phones because Siri tells me Asana hasn’t added support with Siri #fakenews but almost real :laughing:

1 Like

@LEGGO, not exactly Siri support, but were you aware of voice recognition for iOS? Getting started with the Asana iOS app | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

2 Likes

Yes, @Marie! I use it seldomly. Would much prefer speech actions (open a specific project) followed by speak to text. I use Asana so much on the go that a complete hands free experience would be a “nice to have”.

3 Likes

Very cool concept, excited to see it! The use case will not be applicable to us at all until we can pull task templates in across projects and teams. Right now, each task template needs to be re-created in each project. That’s unrealistic and for us defeats the purpose of the template - a template’s purpose for us to have a central repository to store our repetitive processes. We need the central repository to contain the master copy that we can keep updated in one place. Doesn’t make any sense if, every time a part of the template task is tweaked, the tweak then needs to be re-tweaked 50+ times in each one of our Asana projects.

4 Likes

cool concept that I can see grows over time, but I can’t get people to remember the browser extension so I doubt very seriously they’ll remember this.

1 Like

Same here! Especially if you manage différents accounts! how it’ll chose which space to add the task to? @Marie

2 Likes

I believe it picks the account you’re currently logged in to!

1 Like

I think I have to agree here! While it is relatively quick, it’s still honestly slow compared to just leaving Asana open. :+1:

1 Like

Same here :slight_smile: Chrome extension works pretty fine with a feature like “Copy URL”

1 Like