Form cover image will not display after upload

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

After uploading a cover image to forms, it will not display. Issue in both desktop app and web version.

Steps to reproduce:

1. create form
  2. Select “edit cover image” at top of form.

Browser version:

Chrome

Upload screenshots below:

3 Likes

Hello Mark and thank you for your post.

Indeed, I’ve noticed the exact same weird behavior today.

Chrome - last version

3 Likes

Same for me on Business plan.

Also attempted on both Safari & Chrome. Nothing.

Broken thumbnail is the only thing that shows up.

3 Likes

Exactly the same I experienced yesterday 20 Nov… :confused:

3 Likes

I was having this issue last week and found if I sized the image right (800x120) it would work. Updating a few forms today and now even the correct size images aren’t displaying.

1 Like

Hey all. Thanks for your insights. Looks to be more of a widespread issue. Hopefully Asana can look into and resolve.

Hi all, I am Nao from the Asana community team. Thank you very much for flagging this. I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our development team to investigate it further. I will let you know once I have any updates.

5 Likes

We are having the same issue. Please advise on a solution.

Also having issue.

Issue looks to be resolved. Was able to successfully upload a cover photo.

1 Like

Hi,
We are still having problems.

1 Like

Thanks, Mariola. I spoke too soon, still having issues.

Hi, Good to hear I am not alone in trying to work this out.
Looking forward to an update from the dev team on this one.

any updates on this? shouldn’t this be a quick and easy fix for Asana forms to show the banner images

Hi all, thank you for your comments. Our product team is working on it. We have heard that some have been able to update their images successfully, but there are still some folks experiencing errors.

Hi all, our engineering team confirmed that the issue should be solved with the form cover image.
Could your please try to clear the cache and use the incognito window to see if the issue still happens?

2 Likes

Hi Nao. The issue looks to be resolved for me. I was able to upload a cover photo across multiple forms. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you @Mark_Kreutzer for checking!
If any of you still experience the issue, please try the following steps to get the release version so that our product team can investigate it.

1. Press Command+Option+J (Mac) or Control+Shift+J (Windows, Linux, ChromeOS) to open the Console
  2. In the Console, paste: VersionInfo.currentVersion().release_revision
  3. This should return a string, which is the release version

I will move this thread to the closed section! Please let us know if you need more help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.