Filters for Calendars and Timeline (and Boards)

Why hasnt this been done yet??

1 Like

First of all hello @Matthew_Williams :wave:

Since Asana does not have a public roadmap I cannot tell if and when this will be implemented.

However what I can say is that Asana has always been and is constantly listening to their customers and implementing new features. Just have a look at all the features they launched in the last few months and also last year, which includes well-requested ones from the forum. :slight_smile:

I’d really like to have a way to filter tasks that are due in a specific month or in a specific year. For example, we create projects for each of our holiday promotions. The same tasks will need to be done the next year, so we set our tasks to recur the following year. The problem is, when we mark the task as completed this year, the recurring task reappears with the due date for the following year. It really clutters up the board. It would be nice to be able to filter the project so that it only shows task that are due this year so that we’re not having to see recurring tasks that are scheduled so far into the future.

1 Like

Filtering by colours/tags in timelines would be great too.

1 Like

I’m seeing quite a few requests for custom filters in the timeline view, but they all appear to be closed with a link to the announcement of being able to filter by complete/incomplete.

Can we start a new request thread for filters by ANY other fields? Assignment, Custom Fields, etc?

1 Like

Hello @Keith_G,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I have found an open feedback request thread which is about more filtering options for timeline and calendar view so I have merged your post into that one. Your vote was transferred as well.

Thanks, can we get a link to the new request thread

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Dan_Morabito :wave:

Just scroll to the top of this thread and you can vote there
Screenshot_8365

our team is doing a trial of premium. With using timeline, filtering is the first thing i looked for because we are coming from instagantt which offers that for asana linked projects. Pretty disappointing to see that this has been requested for a few years but hasnt yet been implemented.

2 Likes

This is also what I’m looking for. Or even just to exclude one condition on a Custom Field. I’m a little…disheartened that this still hasn’t been implemented or even mentioned :frowning:

Has this been implemented? Looks almost like filtering has gone backwards…

I cannot believe this hasn’t been added yet, when it has been requested for years and years…

This is a must have for us. We are using the timeline view to give our organization a roadmap overview, but wants to have a roadmap that includes future-stuff (where the dates a more loose and not as set in stone as our planned roadmap) based on a customfield-value.

This is easily done in “Boards”, but then we don’t have the roadmap-like-timeline.

Very dissappointing to say the least :frowning:

1 Like

Yes , please somebody in Asana’s team handle this

1 Like

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your feedback on this thread! I’m excited to let you know your requests to have more filters across different views are actually already available.

We have recently introduced multi-filtering on My Tasks list, Board and Calendar views :tada: You can learn more about this update in the announcement below:

This update is also available on List and Board views:

In addition to this, we have also launched the new Gantt view to help you and your team get a birds-eye view of project plans and progress. In this view, you also have more sort options and filters.

Last but not list, I recommend you checking the new Group by option in your projects that allows you to customize your project even more! → Introducing flexible ways to organize your tasks in list and board views

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out via the Tips and Tricks category if you have any questions :slight_smile:

2 Likes