Files aren't ploading and downloading

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: i can’t upload or download files , it’s not working now

Steps to reproduce: upload file or download file

Browser version: Firefox Version 70.0 (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Hi @Safia and thanks fo reaching out,

Could you please provide us with a little more details by answering these few questions?

1. Are you seeing an error message?
  2. Is this happening on a specific tasks or multiple tasks
  3. Are you uploading attachments from your computer, Dropbox, GoogleDocs?
  4. What type of file are you not able to download, is it a pdf, png? Is it attached to a task, a conversation
  5. Can you share screenshots if applicable?

Looking forward to you reply!

I am having the same problem.

1. I am seeing the error message in the bottom left corner.
  2. It is happening with every task
  3. Uploading attachments from my computer
  4. Any type (ive tried them all)
  5. 2019-10-22_0939
2 Likes

Hi Marie,

1. yep, like attachments

2. all in asana

3. from my computer

4. pdf

5. attached above

thanks for your reply.

2 Likes

Hi @Safia, I just took a look at the error messages you ran into lately and most of them indicate an issue with your connection (which doesn’t mean you can’t use Asana or internet, but that your connexion isn’t reliable enough to upload/download some attachments).

To investigate this further, we would need to check the activity in the Developer console while you try to perform this upload/download. Would you mind recording a screencast and forward it to our support team? They will be more equipped to continue investigating this. Loom is a great app for video screencasts: https://www.useloom.com/

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast and make sure to reference this thread so you don’t have to re-explain everything to our support team!

@Ashley_Baker, I’m observing the same type of issue in your account, so I’d recommend following the same steps.

I’m marking this resolved in the Forum, but if you can let us know how you resolved this issue once you find a solution with our support team, it might be helpful to other running into the same problem!

Thank you both!

1 Like

Hi folks, got confirmation that we received several reports like yours yesterday but that this issue should now be fixed! Sorry for the inconvenience caused

1 Like