Attachments failing

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: This morning I came in to work and attempted to upload files to several tasks, as a png and pdf and both failed.

Steps to reproduce: I typically just copy and paste the png into the description or comment box. I also attempted to drag and drop a PDF and tried to upload from the local hard drive and it failed in all instances.

Browser version: Chrome, Version 83.0.4103.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @TJ_WaterMan and thanks for reaching out! Let’s see if we can resolve this together:

• Could you check if this is happening in a specific project or in several projects?
  • Could you please try and log into your Asana account from a private/incognito window? Are you running into the same issue?

Looking forward to your reply!

HI @Marie, looks like it is failing in other projects as well as from the incognito window.

@Marie I should also note that I was able to snap a picture on my phone, and then upload that photo to the task via the phone app. So I guess it’s something related to the desktop application.

Thanks for the additional info @TJ_WaterMan.

I can’t seem to be able to reproduce on my end, I’ve asked some colleagues to give it a go too and they were able to successfully attach documents to their tasks. So I suspect this issue is somehow specific to your account. I would recommend reaching out directly to our support team who has better tools to troubleshoot this type of issue.

Feel free to share the URL of this thread so you don’t have to re-explain everything you just said here, and if you could possibly send them a screencast of the issue, it would be super helpful too!

If you don’t already use a tool to record screencasts, Loom is a great app for video screencasts: https://www.useloom.com/

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open (this will help us understand what error you’re hitting when trying to attach a doc):

I would also recommend including the entire browser window, including URL bar, in your video video, just to make sure our team has everything they need to investigate this issue.

So sorry for not being able to help further via this forum with this specific issue! I hope this gets resolved asap!

2 Likes

Thank you, I will do all of that - tomorrow! :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.