Feature Request: Prioritize Today/Upcoming/Later from iOS

Thanks for your thoughts! Don’t forget to vote at the top of the thread. Thanks!

This is a must be for me! I hope you’ll add this feature soon :slightly_smiling_face:

I heartily agree. For me at least, the purpose/use of an iOS app is to allow for ‘Task Triage’ while away from the office. Currently the ‘My Tasks’ area lets you do very little other than drag the order tasks - no priority options like the webpage version.

I echo the comments of the posters above. Please allow iOS to prioritize ‘My Tasks’, so that it can be used as a mobile ‘triage’ center for Asana tasks.

2 Likes

This is really a must have I moved from Android to ios and immediately noticed this missing. This is available on android can’t understand why not on ios.

Hi luis I can’t find it on Android, how can you do that?

it used to exist in Android, i moved to ios and am not following it on
android anymore but it used to be there.

User data might be overlooking a use case like mine, which is using downtime to do things like manage my task list.

I don’t spend all day in the iOS app as it is. When I’m in Asana on my phone, it’s either because I’m quickly capturing a task from an idea or a conversation, or because I have a few minutes—in line, in a waiting room, in the bathroom—and I have “new” tasks that need to be prioritized.

So it’s something I’ll use maybe once or twice a week. But prioritizing tasks one of the top two activities I want to use the iOS app for.

Something similar probably applies to the web app user data. Prioritizing just isn’t something you’re going to do a lot of. 5 minutes at the start of each day, or every couple of days. But it’s a critical part of the Asana workflow.

I can’t think of a time management approach that doesn’t emphasize effective prioritization. I don’t know what the faceless, automated metrics indicate, but there are many things Asana does in the iOS app that are far less important than being able to efficiently prioritize tasks.

Just add the button for it, would ya?

The lack of this feature is frustrating. I just missed a task on my task list, because I used the mobile app to set it today, but couldn’t move it out of later. So I had to create a task to do that when I got back to my laptop.

This itself is something I reported to asana 2 years ago on the task detail (web version) and its being a pain not to have it on the iOS ever since the app existance.

Really Asana if you use your own product you would notice this should be part of the nature of GTD workflow and cannot be acomplish on the iOS version of you service.

+100 My Tasks is unusable without this feature.

Any news on this?

I’m happy to report that this feature is now available! See release notes below. With that, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread! :slight_smile:

Prioritize tasks in iOS: You can now mark tasks assigned to you for Today, Upcoming, or New, directly from your iOS device so you can prioritize work when you’re on the go.

Improved views in iOS: You can now sort tasks in projects by custom fields in addition to assignee, due date, likes, and alphabetical. And when you save a view in the web app, that view will also appear in the mobile app.

New task list in iOS: The task list in our iOS app is new and improved, so it’s easier to visualize your work and quickly take the actions you need.

1 Like