Feature Request: Prioritize Today/Upcoming/Later from iOS

This isn’t currently possible, but I like @George_supreeth’s suggestion about creating a section. Not ideal, but it would do the job.

Later is not visible on either iPad or iPhone.

Your section idea will work for moving tasks out of Today / Upcoming, thank you! Not ideal, but doable.

BUT - what about promoting tasks? Say I’m looking at a project and need to move a task into upcoming – I can’t think of any way I would do that.

1 Like

Hi @angelaguzzo! Thanks for letting us know you’re interested in this functionality. It’s helpful for our team at Asana to learn what you’re looking for. :slight_smile: To answer your most recent question - in the mobile app it’s possible to move tasks around within the upcoming section if they’re already in upcoming, but if you’d like to move something to upcoming you’ll have to use the web app. We’re constantly working to expand the functionality of the mobile app and our team will keep this in mind!

1 Like

Thank you @Alexis – yes, this is kind of a big deal for me! As I continue to do more and more work remotely, I am relying on the Asana mobile app to manage my projects (I manage a lot of projects), and I really rely on Today/Upcoming/Later to prioritize and keep focused. It’s HUGE.

1 Like

Would like this on the Android as well!

2 Likes

Same issue. Really hoping the mobile app gets some much-needed usability improvements.

Just posted a list of improvements in a similar topic about Asana’s mobile usability:

A related missing function on the iPhone app:

Usually you can drag&drop tasks between the Today en Upcoming sections, but when the Today section is empty, the whole section is invisible. This makes it impossible to drag&drop tasks from Upcoming to Today.

3 Likes

BTW I’ve made a workaround by keeping one fake task in the Today section (called “Keep Today alive”)

1 Like

Hi @Alexis . Thanks for your clarifications. As a user, I often wonder why any company asks, “if you’re interested in this functionality” when that functionality is included in the desktop app. Of course we are interested, because it’s that desktop web app that brought us to Asana in the first place.

The reason I want to use Asana is that I love the desktop app. But, I use an iPad Pro more than 50% of the time. Sadly, the attributes that make Asana so awesome as a desktop app are not available on the mobile app. Thus, I continue to look for an Asana replacement that has more consistency from web to mobile (or allows me to use the web when on my mobile device, like an iPad pro).

Whether it be iOS or Android, making the interface the same should be the goal to make us users the most happy. At least that’s how I see it. Thanks again for you time.

4 Likes

Well said @Eric_Zuckerman!!! This is my situation exactly. I use an iPad or iPhone at least 50% of the time and it’s growing more and more. Unfortunately the mobile app is nearly unusable for me because of this issue. I really love Asana, but I might have to switch to something I like less just because of this one feature.

3 Likes

Currently when you are working within “My Tasks” on the mobile app and you want to move a task from “New” to “Later”, you have to drag and drop a long distance. The longer your “Today” and “Upcoming” sections, the more daunting the effort.

This has frustrated me so much that I usually elect to wait until I have PC access which really defeats the purpose of having a mobile app.

A proposed improvement
Long-press on a task and have section options appear. Quick and easy for the user. Alternatively, you can offer other features through long-press and a menu could appear.

• Change section
  • Heart
  • Edit
  • Mark complete
4 Likes

Thanks for this feedback @Ehren_Dimitry. I know what you mean. What you suggest would be a great tool.

I will say, though, that the drag and drop feature was miraculous when I first used it. Given such improvements lately, we can feel optimistic about where the mobile app is going. I wouldn’t be surprised if your suggestions were already on the roadmap, but I’ll still bring your feedback to my product team. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that we have the voting option in the Community, I encourage you all to vote for this feature at the top of the thread. :slight_smile:

Agreed. I’d also like to see an option to filter for all items without a due date to be sure none have been missed.

As this is such a highly requested option, can someone please give us an ideas as to if it’s being worked on and when we can expect to see it. Even if it’s months away, any information is appreciated.

2 Likes

+100 for me please

+1
I am new user to Asana and I am suprised that this feature is not possible in app (I’m using android).
@alexis can you give us some update? This request has started long time ago :slight_smile:

@Jakub I’m unable to provide an update at this time, but the team is aware of your feedback.

+1 Been an Asana user since the web beta back in 2011. The lack of this feature limits my iOS usage.

+1 I can’t believe this isn’t possible yet

1 Like