[iOS] Add the option to slide task to change date/priority

I can no longer slide a task left with my finger to open up an option to change the date on mobile. I think it happened after one of the updates.

Hi @gf11, thanks for reaching out!

We have recently implemented Grid view on iOS. This new view allows you to see more details about your project on mobile, for example, custom fields. However, it’s currently not possible to slide tasks in grid view. I’ve gone ahead and sent your feedback to our product team so they can consider it in future updates!

Ability to slide a task left with my finger to open up an option to change the date or priority.

This feature previously existed but was removed in latest update. There was a response from Asana referencing a new ‘grid view’ that supposedly replaced this functionality ([iOS] Add the option to slide task to change date/priority), but this grid view is not available on ‘My Tasks’ so now changing dates/priorities of tasks in that view (90% or more of my iOS usage is with this view) is much more cumbersome.

Feels like the app has gone backwards with this update.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, @Stuart_Westcott. I’ve gone ahead merged your thread with [iOS] Add the option to slide task to change date/priority to centralize feedback. I’ll also make sure to send all your comments to our product team so it can be considered as final touches and tweaks are made.

Thanks again and please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Hi,

I found out yesterday that i lost this function to. I would really like to get I back.

For example I use swipe left, mark for…(today and upcoming) to remove tasks in “recently assigned” so I can have a clear view for today’s action when urgent tasks mixes with other not so urgent.

When I have 30 recently assigned tasks and now have to go into each task choose mark for in the menu, I have lost my on the go efficiency. What was before an intuitive process is no impossible to do in an smooth way.

And the sort function for my tasks (and colleuges) is lacking options like sort by project so the change in UI comes without any positive effects.

2 Likes

I would like to echo the replies above; glad to see I am not the only one who has noticed this recent change. I use the ‘My Tasks’ view almost exclusively on my phone and without the option to slide tasks left or right organizing them has become extremely cumbersome.

Please consider (re-)implementing this (or a similar) feature again! It was a huge boon for the app.

2 Likes

Has there been any updates on this?