Export list of custom fields to a table to create report

Hi all,
i’ve a very simple Use Case that I can’t figure out how to solve with asana.

I’ve several projects, each of them is a project for a customer.

Monthly, i want to generate a report (a table is enough) that has all the task done listed and that displays only the following field:

• assigned user
  • text (it’s an additional field I created)
  • reported hours (it’s an additional field I created)

I can’t find this functionality anywhere. I just need it per project, not in all teams or organisation. It’s more than fine to have a tab in each project.
basically should be a chart that is a table with visibility selection of the fields.
I was using something similar in my previous experience with monday.com , wondering if asana has something similar or not. Or how can I achieve the same.

Hi,

You should be able to do this by running a search and then exporting as a civ. You might have to include your two fields (text and hours) as a filter without actually filtering on them if you want them to be displayed and exported.

Does it help?

@Stefano_Tranquillini,

You can do this as @Bastien_Siebman suggests in Export list of custom fields to a table to create report - #2 by Bastien_Siebman, but also this is the purpose of Asana2Go (disclaimer: I’m the creator) with witch you can create custom output like this as a report or a CSV. You may also be able to use the Interactive Tables output which has column selection as you describe:

Larry

1 Like

Thanks. I did not know that there’s the possibility to export a search.

1 Like

However I believe the limit is 2k rows for the export.