Display Custom Fields on Custom Report

Please see attached. I’m trying to display a custom field on a custom report, but the only way I can figure out how to do that is to make a filter on that custom field in the report settings. However, I want to include all values of the custom field and I don’t seem to be able to do that.

Custom%20Field%20on%20Report

Hi @Robert_Strazzarino, welcome to the Community Forum! If you select Equal to and leave the option A Number empty, your report will include all values of the custom field. Please find more information in these articles of the Asana Guide.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Nailed it! Works perfect, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am trying to create a .csv export in ASANA with custom fields. When I export my project none of my custom fields are exported. When I create a custom report, none of my custom fields show on screen even if I set a filter.

Additionally, one of my custom fields will not group on the project view (it is a text field) and I cannot select it in the on screen filter nor in the report.

Any ideas / tricks would be helpful!

Hi @Jeanine_Scott,

Asana2Go will output as CSV all of your tasks’s custom fields–choose the “CSV - Detailed” format. (Disclaimer: I’m the creator.)

If you follow the instructions earlier in this thread you can see your custom field(s) as columns in your search results report. But only dropdown fields will group in Asana; not text or numeric fields. Asana2Go offers other standard and custom reports that can provide this.

Hope that helps,

Larry

I figured out the hoops I had to jump through to get the custom fields to show in the export. I didn’t know that you were only able to group on dropdown fields – thank you!

1 Like

This options works great for a number field, but I am encountering problems trying to replicate using custom text fields.

I would like a particular custom field to show up in my report but, depending on the task, the field sometime has content and sometimes remains empty.

I am looking for a solution where the custom text field shows up on the report regardless of what is in the field or whether or not it has content or is empty.

Does anyone have any thoughts of how to approach that?

1 Like

I need the option to include a text field on my report as well without a filter. Did you figure out how to do this by chance?