chart and custom field

Hi there, another question for you…
Actually I have many customize field in my project, but in the dashboard just one (drop-down field) is showed. So it’s a limit of asana chart or I need to set something else in ASANA ?

Hello @Maurizio_Yorck
do you refer to custom fields showing from the project view and some only show the data when you open the task?

If so then see How to Create and Use Custom Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

section „Hide a Custom Field“
This way you can decide which ones you want to see on board view and which ones not :slight_smile:

Hope that helps

Thanks @Andrea_Mayer for your quickly response. I meant in the dashboard, when I create a chart.
I have just number field and drop-down field right ?
I thought I could also see activities, or other text fields with unique values, but I’m thinking that maybe I need to convert them to be able to manage them. right ?

Oh I see.
Did you look through this guide already?

Yeah so I think advanced search reports might also be helpful here?

Here is a thread that you might want to upvote: Possibility for Reports to be sorted by Custom Fields

I also think that [Asana2Go] might suit you? (Possibility for Reports to be sorted by Custom Fields - #35 by lpb)

1 Like

Hi @Maurizio_Yorck, thanks for jumping in here @Andrea_Mayer!

At this time, it is not possible to include text fields in Reporting charts. As suggested by @Andrea_Mayer, you could use an Advanced Search to collate this information instead.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.