Enable to download the Asana for Outlook integration

Hi @Ruth_Newnham and apologies for missing your point in my first answer.

I believe it should also work with the Hotmail app and web app since they now belong to Outlook. However, one thing to keep in mind is the app is not available for personal accounts; it might explain why you’re unable to download the app. If you’re not using your personal account, have a look at this thread; we’re currently working on this issue, and I’ll update the thread as soon as I have an update!

1 Like

I’m also getting this error message:
2018-10-05_08-11-43

Chrome 69.0.3497.100 (64bit)
Firefox 62.0 (64-Bit)
Windows 10
Exchange 15.20.1207.0

1 Like

Thank you so much for the report and for proactively submitting this additional info @Hans_Siem_Schweiger. Can you just confirm you’re using Outlook for Work as mentioned in the comments above?

1 Like

Ah, sorry, yes, I do. Actually, I can choose for the very same address whether I want to log in to a work account or to a private account. I guess that’s some legacy stuff. I don’t use the private account, but cannot merge them either. I always pick the work account when I log in.

1 Like

Thanks @Hans_Siem_Schweiger, I just added these details to the report; will keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

I got the same error message.

1 Like

The solution is to add this addon from your Outlook ribbon, just click on the Microsoft Store button and search for Asana. I got the addin installed ok…

That’s a great extension but it seems the most interesting feature (for me…) is not documented? When you created a task from a mail, there is a link between the two, it means when you select a mail in Outlook and open up the Asana extension panel, the linked task appears…

Thank you for the hint! However, in my case no add-in for asana is available, only the connector.

Hi @Marie, just adding the screenshot of my Microsoft log in screen:

As mentioned in another reply: The asana add-in is not available when I search for it in the Outlook add-ins list.

1 Like

I do not see any link to download at all at that URL. It only goes to the web portal install.

Hi @Asha_Lightbearer :wave:t3:

When accessing Find the right app | Microsoft AppSource, do you see the “Get it now” option in the top left corner?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Asana for Outlook Add-In not working in Outlook application

A post was merged into an existing topic: Turn emails into action with Asana for Outlook