Email Automation When Task Closed

Has anyone figured out a way to send automatic emails when a task is marked as complete?

For instance, it would be great to have a custom email go out to customers telling them production was just completed or other similar stages. I did some research and I wasn’t sure how this would be possible even through a third-party automation app. I am curious if anyone has figured out a solution!

2 Likes

Hi @anon11836725, thanks for reaching out! I believe you can achieve this using Zapier. There is a trigger for the Gmail integration: “Send Gmail emails for new completed tasks in Asana”

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Emily! I was hoping to find a way to send emails from a marketing platform, so they could be branded and designed. Do you know if Gmail is the only integration? I couldn’t find anything from looking myself.

Zapier has a ton of integration. I personally integrated Asana with Mailjet, not sure if you can use a mail template though.

3 Likes

Is there a way to send an email to the client?
How would i set this up?

One way you can do this is with the “Send email notification” rule action in our Flowsana integration.

1 Like

Hi @Phil_Seeman ,
Thanks for your reply.
Where can I find this feature within Flowsana?

It depends - what Asana subscription level are you at (Premium, Business, Enterprise)?

Replied privately
Thanks

1 Like

Premium

I am doing it using a zap in Zapier.

Hi @Bastien_Siebman, thanks for your reply.
Are you able to explain how you are doing this? How does Zapier know which email address to send to?

I have an “Email” custom field of type text that Zapier can pull. This email is either manually entered or comes from our Calendly booking. And then I have special projects like “Send reminder” and when I multi-home into this project, a zap gets triggered and sends an email.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.