Due Time and Time Zones

due-dates

We’re a company with 20+ locations that spans all time zones. We’re noticing that when we set a “due time” it is not very useful when working across the multiple time zones! For example, if we set a due time as 5:00 based on eastern time, it is 5:00 across all time zones. Definitely an issue for us!

Internationalization is just an awful complicated problem. It gives developers nightmare, trust me :scream:

Bastien
Asana consultant, author and developer

Hey @Laura_Johnson, sorry for the trouble! Due time should definitely show up in the local time, no matter where you’re located. So a task due at 5:00pm easter time should be due at 2pm Pacific Time.

That said, our system handles timezones via user’s IP address, so if you’re using a VPN for example, it might explain why you’re running into this issue!

Thank you!! I’ll talk to our IT team!

No worries @Laura_Johnson! Keep us posted when you have a minute! :slight_smile:

I’m having a similar issue, and it’s not due to VPN. I’m setting tasks from Australia to be due “today”, and my counterparts in Los Angeles are seeing the task as due “tomorrow”. It should still be showing up for them as “Today”.