Due date rules do not fire

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
The "due date " rule that should move tasks due today stopped working some time ago.
I’ve read about “wait till midnight”, but it’s about 13 hours past midnight here. The “Your tasks for today” notification is present in the Inbox, but the tasks themselves did not move to the appropriate section.

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Premium

2 Likes

Hi @onyXMaster , welcome to the forum :wave:

It could be several reasons why your rules aren’t firing.

Are you possibly using more than one trigger, and if so, have set the conditional logic to ‘when ALL these triggers happen’ instead of ‘when ANY of these triggers happen’?
PS: I see you’re on Premium, so this is unlikely the case.

Is the rule paused? Or is the rule running for only tasks within a specific section only?

Is the rule setup in a project or your My tasks?

A screenshot of your rule trigger and action would help to diagnose your issue.

Same thing for me, all rules stopped working like four days ago… Checked all my rules, nothing changed…

Note: Not a solution but marked as such to elevate a key reply

Bastien_Siebman has reported this as being intermittent for him, starting several days ago.

I haven’t experienced it, but it sounds like an intermittent bug is at play.

He suggested a good mitigation (if on Business or above): Add a rule with all triggers in Later and Overdue and action add a comment. I’d suggest action Move to Today or something. I bet this rule will fire and catch the cases where the other wouldn’t because of the bug, albeit a day later.

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

Thank you for the replies.
The rule is not paused, also I tried adding removing the rule, but it didn’t help (the task is in Inbox saying it’s due for today, but didn’t move into proper section). The rule is set up in the “My tasks” section. It worked without changes for many months and stopped working recently (not sure exactly when though, but I think the range is about a couple of weeks).

Thanks for the advice, but since I’m not on Premium, I can’t add comments to actions.

2 Likes

This morning @Arthur_BEGOU confirmed it as well.

Indeed, recently, I’ve noticed this issue happening for 2 days.

@lpb
I’ve added a comment to the rule, we will see tomorrow :wink:

2 Likes

Hi All,

Thanks for flagging this and apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused!

Our Development Team has just confirmed this is a known issue and they are currently investigating the bug in question and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

I went ahead and added your report to this escalation and assure you that I’ll be in touch as soon as I hear back from the Development team. Thanks for your patience! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That’s excellent news, thanks for the update. Very much looking forward to the fix =)

1 Like

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

Hello, in My tasks I have rules for moving tasks between sections according to due date (e.g. task due is today - move in section “today”)

But only some of the tasks move into correct section and many others stays in previous sections.

Task that stay in section: Log in - Asana
Task that move correctly: Log in - Asana

Steps to reproduce:

1. Set up rules in my tasks to move tasks between sections according to date

Browser version:

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Business

Upload screenshots below:

Just to add → until last week everything worked fine, I did not change anything in rules settings.

I’m experiencing the same issue as other users. Rules based on due dates approaching in My Tasks are not working consistently.

2 Likes

Really hoping this will be fixed soon. All of our weekly Tasks are not moving up into the Today section.

Also, your email support has been sending us ‘bot’ responses, and now a ‘human’ person is walking me through the fundamentals of rules again. This is not right. Does your team not communicate ‘bugs’ in the system to your support staff??

How can your support team not know this is a bug - and why isn’t this being sent out to affected users.

1 Like

Hi @lpb

What I noticed is that the comment is correctly fired by the rule, but not the “Move to section” part :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Today, I noticed that rules that update due dates based on a move to a section are also not firing.

Hi All,

Thanks for your reports and again apologies for any trouble this bug may be causing to you and your team!

We’ve escalated this to our Engineering team for further investigation, and we hope to have this resolved for you shortly.

Unfortunately, we don’t have an ETA on when this might be solved. However, we will notify you as soon as we receive confirmation that it’s fixed.

Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update @Ainhoa_Rico - this is causing us total confusion for us at our print magazines. It is chaos right now. The support team via email also seems very confused. They didn’t even know about the bug. Bad.

Hey there, is this issue resolved?
A team I am working are still having this issue. They have contacted support but with no response still from 3 days ago. Can you let me know and I will pass on. Thank you

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience! Our engineers have just confirmed that a potential fix was deployed this morning, about an hour ago. Can you please let us know if the issue still persists on your end after logging out of your Asana, clearing cache and cookies and logging back in?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Our organization is still experiencing issues with the rules that move tasks into different sections based on when they’re due. I’ve cleared cache and restarted a couple of times and they are still not working.