Dropbox sign-in not working on safari

I saw another post about this problem, but the person said that his problem was solved about 15 days ago. I have cleared cache and restarted, but Asana requires a Dropbox sign in any time I want to attach from Dropbox, but won’t actually let me sign in. It keeps cycling back to the sign-in pop up window. From that previous chat, I discovered that I can sign in on a private browser tab but not the regular one. I’ve had this issue on my older computer for several weeks now, but it started today on my newer laptop. Please advice. Thanks!

Hi @Kelli_Sallman and welcome to the Forum! Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue!

The fact that you are able to sign in using an incognito windows indicates that the conflict might be related to an extension you have installed on your browser. Would you mind trying to switch off your extensions following these steps to see if this issue is resolved?

Thank you Kelli! Looking forward to your reply!

Natalia,

I followed all your steps, web socket was a success, and I am still having the same problem. When everything is cleared, Dropbox allows me to sign in, I go through the reCaptcha process of proving I’m human, and Dropbox sends an emails saying a new browser has signed in to the service (since the cache was cleared), but Asana cycles back to the Dropbox sign-in pop up box rather than accepting the log in.

Please tell me what’s next.

thanks,

@Natalia
Same problem here.
When I am using chrome everything ist working just fine.

@Natalia
Hi, I’m having the same problem on my Mac using Safari. I did as you suggested and it continues to be a problem on the non-private window. Having to keep going to the private window just so that I can upload files via Dropbox is counter productive, which is contrary to what Asana aims to do (which is to make our lives more productive). Please help. Thank you.

Yes, please help. I haven’t heard anything new since your original response. The problem is creating a huge logjam in my workflow. Attaching from Dropbox to Asana is the main way my business works with documents and files. Help! :slight_smile:

Hi all, thanks for taking the time to report this!

I have gone ahead and escalated this issue to our Development Team. Apologies for the trouble, I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have an update.

Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any follow up questions in the meantime!

@Emily_Roman, I recently noticed that we now have the ability to link a Dropbox document on Asana via Safari without having to open a Private Window. Even though it still says “Sign in”, I click the button and I can go right to my files. I don’t need to fill in my log in info to sign in to Dropbox like before. If there was an announcement or notification of this fix, I apparently missed it. Either way, thanks for fixing this!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Steven_Louie! I’m moving this thread to our #bugs:resolved-bugs category but feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.