Downloads in Safari open new blank tab.

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: When downloading an uploaded file from asana desktop in Safari a new blank tab is created and focused on.

Steps to reproduce: Download an uploaded file from asana in Safari

Browser version: Safari Version 13.0.1 (14608.2.11.1.11)

Upload screenshots below: blank page

Hi @Alexis_Rivera and thanks for the report.

I tried to reproduce your issue and Safari, and although it took a little longer than in Chrome, I was able to load the attachment. What happens if you wait a few seconds, does it eventually load?

Also, is this happening with different attachments, or have you noticed it is specific to one attachment?

Could you potentially record a screencast to help us investigate? Loom is a great app for video screencasts: https://www.useloom.com/

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

I look forward to your reply!

Thanks for the quick response. However, my issue is not that I can not download the attachment but the fact that it creates a separate blank tab in the browser. It also places the focus on said blank tab which adds a few extra steps to my workflow. Will attempt a screen cast at some point.

Thanks for the quick follow-up @Alexis_Rivera and apologies for the confusion here.

Got you! I think this is actually a Safari feature, you can disable it from Safari Preferences:

Access your preferences:

And disable “open safe files after downloading”

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you but this unfortunately is not the fix to the issue as I have already disabled that feature. This started when the new List View was implemented.

My files download but a new blank tab/page is created.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this screencast, it is super helpful to understand the issue you’re experiencing. I’ve gone ahead and filed a task for our development team to investigate, I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have an update on my end!

1 Like

I’ve also removed the screencast from the public thread to protect your private info, but I’ve attached it to my bug report :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was a solution found for this? I am experiencing the exact same problem.

1 Like

Me too! Any solution?