When downloading a file from a task, Asana triggers my browser to open to an Error/forbidden page.

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When downloading a file from a task, Asana triggers my browser to open to an Error/forbidden page. I have not been able to download any files from Asana this week because of this issue.
Steps to reproduce:

1. download a file (pdf for example) from a task.
  2. that triggers my browser to open and display the screen attached in screenshot.
    Browser version:
    I’m using the most updated desktop app
    What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
    Probably business? I have it through my company.
    Upload screenshots below:

That happens when you are not properly logged in Asana in your browser. Make sure to go to app.asana.com on the browser, log in, go back to the desktop app, and click again. Let me know if that works.

1 Like

I’m getting similar issues with uploading or downloading images from the desktop app (Mac). I have to login in a new browser session each time and my client gets an error that his email is not in my domain even though his gmail account is used as a user on the project. Making it near impossible to share files within the project.

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Here are a few tips that usually resolve this kind of problem:

• Check if 3rd party cookies are allowed on your browser
  • If you’re connected to a VPN, please try to disconnect to check if the situation improves
  • Check with your IT if Amazon S3 is whitelisted on your security network

If the issue persists, let us know!