Do not default the card with an image cover when a screenshot is pasted

It would be good to enable an image cover from the image attachment list inside the card (because there can be multiple images).

I’m curious to know, what are the use cases people using image covers for?

Hi @Josh6, if you’re looking to choose which image shows up on a card in board view, it is possible! Here’s a screenshot showing how:

1 Like

Wow, didn’t know that’s possible. Never looked for it there. Maybe you better add a second option to set the cover image from the image itself…

Hi, I think there is a related bug where you can’t select ‘no image’ if the card is at the bottom of the list and close to the edge of the bottom window.!

Is there a way to make “Show no image” the default when adding a new image to a task. Very rarely (if ever), do I want the image that I attach to the task to show up on the board.

24 Likes

I would also like an option that makes it so uploaded images are not used as cover images by default. Maybe on a per-project basis?

10 Likes

Hi! Yes, is it possible to have a blanket / layout option where you can “hide all cover images” for every task in the board view on a project-by-project basis?

9 Likes

I would agree I would like no image to be default, or at least an easy option to change. In my experience If I did want the card to be an image it would be a specific one and not just the latest upload because that could be just a status update. So at least in my case default off and selecting a specific folder as needed (opposite of how it works now) would fit me the best.

4 Likes

Absolutely agree. The option to default to no cover image is very important. Any progress here?

5 Likes

Yes, I just switched to Asana but having to manually select “show no image” on every card is slowing down my workflow a lot.

5 Likes

I was just looking up how to set a Default for NO Cover Image. If the cover image did not change every time someone uploaded a new doc, it might not be such an issue. But having to manually change every task, every time an image shows up is a royal pain.

2 Likes

+1

Cards with images take up too much space in the swim lanes, pulling attention away from the tasks without an image. I’d love for the default to be no image.

2 Likes

Also hoping for a setting to be ‘NO cover image’. Is this happening?

2 Likes

please add this option asap

2 Likes

Writing ‘Please add this’ or ‘+1’ won’t probably help.
Better “vote” for that issue at thread’s top.

1 Like