allow option for not showing task card images across project

I would like to request an option under a project for not showing images for task cards on the board view. I found it sometimes distracting as the title of the task should already be enough. Since those images are automatically displayed on each card after someone uploads an attachment to a task, it becomes a constant job, going to the task and selecting to not show any image.

As a project owner/admin, I would like to have an option under project settings called ‘automatically use last uploaded attachment as card image’ where it’s checked by default but I have the ability to turn it off, and, for all images uploaded, it won’t change how cards on the board view are displayed.

1 Like

Hi @Marcus6, thanks for reaching out and taking the time to share this feedback with us!

If you attach a image to your task, it’ll be automatically visible in your board view. As a workaround, you can create a subtask and then attach the file to the subtask instead of the main task.

We currently don’t have plans to launch a similar feature but this is a great request. I’ll make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information from our product team.

Thanks again!

1 Like

I agree with Marcus6. The images (and the fact that they are changing constantly) on the Kanban Task board are super distracting so I was looking for a way to turn that off. Disappointed that we are stuck with that view. Also we have a lot ! of projects and I’m not finding it easy to manage a large workload using this.

Please remove the preview image - I’m considering going to Jira solely because of this annoying preview image feature.

3 Likes

I’m in on this one too - adding an image to an update should not automatically be displayed on the card in the board view. Clogs up the interface and doesn’t add any information unless you open it.

2 Likes

Really need an option to not show image attachments as a cover photo on board view by default. too busy and time consuming to remove them manually.

1 Like