Board view should allow for default to no images

Boards are a great visual tool.

But the embedded images for various tasks create a distraction. Today I can turn off image by clicking on each task, but that’s tedious.

I’d like to see an option to turn OFF images by default in all tasks in Board view.

33 Likes

Hi @Alex_Brar and thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

I don’t believe this is currently being worked on, but I’ve taken note of your feedback and will keep you posted here when I have some updates on my end! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

4 Likes

Yes, please! Would love this feature.

5 Likes

Most definitely a wanted feature. I always see myself removing the thumbnail to avoid cluttering the boards.

5 Likes

I would like this feature also!

3 Likes

I would also like this feature!

3 Likes

I would also like this feature. I hate doing board picture cleanup.

3 Likes

Same here. Would like this default behaviour

2 Likes

Yes, please. No images will be great. Each time I add an image - I need to cancel it manually. It’s not cool

2 Likes

Yes PLEASE!

2 Likes

Having images inside a task show up on Board View is making an absolute trainwreck of our boards, and constantly digging through the menu on every single task to make “show no image” is getting really old.

How do we default this to “show no image” so we can stop wearing out our computer mouses with clickfests?

3 Likes

Hi @Matt5, thanks for reaching out!

At this time, it is not possible to set “show no image” as the default view for Boards. I’ve gone ahead and moved your post to the #productfeedback category to give you and other users the opportunity to vote for this feature.

Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the future! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Matt5

A workaround would be to take a very small image 10x10 pixels white and add them as the last image to each task. This will not, not show the image, but make the image being shown much smaller.

Agreed that this should be a selector to not show.!

no image|20x20

1 Like

We use the Board view a lot to run meetings at my company. Super useful.

But I cannot understand why whenever an image is added to a task, it becomes visible at the project view. That means random screenshots are always clogging up our shared screens during video conferences, because these images we don’t care about take up so much space.

I’d LOVE to be able to set images to NOT show up from the project view by default. Screenshot:

2 Likes

That’s the benefit of the Board view and a lot of people are using the board view especially for this. You can use the “…” menu on each card to hide the cover image. But you are right, there is currently no way to hide by default.

All I ask is for a setting to turn it on/off by default. Not all images are pretty or useful. I get that that’s a big function of the board view but it’s not useful for us—it’s just become a pain to have to manually hide each and every image.

8 Likes

2 Likes

This seems like a fairly simple ask. Would love to see it implemented. As someone who is OCD about my board, I hate the clutter of images that provide no value to the project view.

1 Like

This is a simple ask. And two years in the waiting. Come on Asana!

1 Like

2 Likes