Display The Project Names On A Task In The Board View

Here’s my scenario. We use a project to collect tasks from various projects that my team is going to work on during a given week. We use the board view to show the progress and move them through stages (e.g., in progress, done). I don’t see a way to show the project name in a board view. Am I missing it?

Hello @Will_Reade15,

via the menu if you click on „customize“ you can select what info should be hidden and which custom fields should show, see How to Create and Use Custom Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Is that what you are referring to?

@Andrea_Mayer, thanks for your message. I did that and just realized that the board view does display the projects, but not the names. They are displayed as colored stripes. I can hover over a stripe to see the project name but it would also be nice to have the option to display the name instead of the color. Does that make sense?

Screenshot 2022-07-06 115719

Ah okay yes that makes sense.

Have a look here I have found an existing feedback request thread: See project name on each task on Board view

I mean you could utilize using custom fields but it would be another step.

A potential workaround would be:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that! I figured I wasn’t the first person to mention this but I couldn’t find a thread. :man_facepalming: I have to improve my searching skills, I’d say. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.