Different colors for milestones on Timeline View

We are exploring use of milestone tasks on timeline view. The project is a high level multi-project overview that brings in Milestones from other projects. We are liking the functionality of milestones in this use case but would love to have a UI feature change in timeline view.

• Ideally there would be an option to turn off the vertical lines that are created by each milestone. The view in this use case is far too busy with those lines.

• Option to leverage a dropdown field to color code the milestones in a similar manner that you can color code standard tasks on Timeline View.

2 Likes

Hi @Dustin_Cutsforth and thanks for taking the time to share this great feedback with us! Milestones are still very new and our team looks forward to hearing your feedback to help them iterate Milestones in the future - so thanks for sharing yours with us, we really appreciate it!

Hi Dustin,
Particularly +1 for colour coding milestones in the same way that other tasks are color-coded. Milestones are after all just a type of task. If this was to be implemented, i think it would make sense to fill the diamond with the color, to make it easier to see.
LOVE MILESTONES FEATURE!
Cheers,
Matt

8 Likes

+1 for color coding,
Filling the diamond or changing the background color of the entire task (in board view) for visual cues.

4 Likes

+1 for the ability to color code milestones

2 Likes
  • 1 for color coding of milestones
2 Likes

Adding to the convo that color coding of milestones is needed

1 Like

+1 need this! milestones are diverse, would be nice to at least be able to keep them the same color as the ‘type’ we add below in the lanes to keep things clear/consistent.

1 Like

I arrived here looking to turn off the vertical lines on each milestone in Timeline. Color-coding would also be good!

Adding my vote for Colors of Milestones.
I add Level 1 (Outcomes) and Level 2 (Deliverables) to a Milestone Summary Project to allow a simple dashboard of several projects.
Color by Milestone Status (Not started, On Target, At Risk, Failing, Complete) would be a huge benefit for visibility and communication.
Not much activity on this thread? :frowning: Perhaps there is an alternate way to acheive this visibility?

1 Like

Also another +1. We have a project with multiple milestones so this would be a huge help to us

+1 for colored milestones as well. are there any plans to implement this? looks like the first request for it was a couple years ago

+1 for Milestone colors. Would greatly help right now. cc @Marie

+1 this is much needed for our cross-functional projects! Different teams’ milestones would be more useful if we could color-code them by our workflow custom field!

Any updates on this? We need some control or to be able to remove the lines altogether.

Asana Milestones are useless at scale when you have more than 5 milestones altogether and you want to see a timeline. The view gets crowded and unappealing to anyone who wants to follow something which make the whole timeline go to the trash at some point. Please fix this, add a toggle button so we can deactivate the lines from milestones in timeline ! Thanks

I wanted to bump this thread to the top for Asana’s support team. These improvements as mentioned in the original comment in March 2019 would be much appreciated! Thanks!

2 Likes

I agree - what I’m finding is that I have milestones, and then REALLY IMPORTANT milestones :slight_smile:. Would like to be able to color code them differently.

2 Likes

Agree - Would be really useful to be able to colour code milestones - also to have some kind of opacity control so certain milestones could stand out more.

2 Likes

Agreed. @Dave_Finnie and @anon44502746, thank you for your comments and welcome to the Forum. :+1: