Differences between Personal Projects & other Workspaces (free version)

I’m using the free Asana version - only for my personal tasks - and I’ve noticed a difference in functions between the Personal Projects workspace and other workspaces (beside the possibility to collaborate with others, which I don’t need).

Is there an overview of these differences somewhere? If not, we could use this topic to make one. This could help in deciding whether to use the Personal Projects workspace, the other workspaces (free version) or the Premium version.

Some examples:

• Tags: not possible in Personal Projects workspace, possible in other workspaces.
  • Advanced Search: possible in Personal Projects workspace, not possible in other workspaces.
  • Changing the order of your projects in the bar on the left: not possible in Personal Projects workspace, possible in other workspaces.
3 Likes

Hi LeonDries,

in general, the Personal Projects area has less functions and many user organize even their private projects in HIDDEN teams/projects in their normal workspace/organization.

Some of your questions are also discussed in this topic: Should I use Workspaces or Organisation? - #19 by Alexis

Best

1 Like

I don’t see any reason to use Personal Project anymore. I think this is meant to disappear. Technically if I understand well we all share the same Asana project, but only see our tasks in it. That explains why tags are not available (they would be shared bye everyone).

1 Like