Separate Personal Projects from Organization

I originally got into Asana through work; and have begun to use the of Personal Projects to organize non-work stuff.

I would like to migrate this content to a completely separate account, behind different login. Is there a good way to do this? Thanks.

1 Like

Good question as I was wondering the same thing a couple months ago!

1 Like

You can use Organise Asana Projects — Kothar Labs

4 Likes

Stay away from “Personal projects” this is a bad version of workspaces :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Why do you said that?

“Personal projects” does not offer you the same possibilities as other workspace. For instance I think you cannot use tags.
@Bastien_Siebman could confirm that.
Therefore you can create another workspace for your personal tasks, but not use the default one.

Exactly Julien, I described everything in an article: [Asana] Stay away from Personal Projects | by Bastien Siebman | Asana / minimalist work | Medium

No tags, no projects reordering, and maybe more…

2 Likes

Is it possible to transfer private projects to other workplace?

Yes @Azamat_Kodzoev, you can also transfer these using Kothar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a similar/related question. I’m an avid user/lover, and I’m leaving my organization in the next few months. What will happen with my “Personal Projects”? Will I lose access entirely when my organization account is de-activated? If so, guess it’s time to transfer them with Kothar :slight_smile: I’d appreciate some insight into “offboarding”.

5 Likes