Desktop Notifications

I couldā€™nt agree more, two huge problems for me, this and the completed tasks still visible on the Android appā€¦

1 Like

How come even the Asana forum has the possibility to turn on desktop notifications while Asana itself doesnt :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Yes: what Patrizia_Dona said!!!

@Marie - Do you have any feedback on this popular request? Thanks.

1 Like

Itā€™s incredible that this has not been added yet. Is there a response from Asana about this?

1 Like

Hi @Matt_Shipon and welcome to the Forum. We are aware this is a popular request, and desktop notifications are definitely on our radar. While I donā€™t have an update to share at the moment, Iā€™m closely monitoring this thread and reporting to our Product Team. Iā€™ll make sure to update this thread as soon as I have an update!

I think that the answer is quite simple: asana with desktop notifications will kill their ugly slackā€¦

2 Likes

Helloā€¦ Push Notification in Desktop is URGENT ASANA!.. Is Basic for the process!

2 Likes

Asana encourages to turn off email notifications in order to fully integrate into Asana and streamline workflow, which I totally agree with, but there needs to be desktop notifications to help keep projects moving and prevent the lags that come from people not being notified of updates. Please implement desktop notifications. :pray:

3 Likes

Hey everyone! My name is Alex Ryan and Iā€™m an engineer at Asana.

I have a very exciting update: browser notifications are now available! Iā€™ve been working on this as a passion project, and I canā€™t wait for you to try them. Visit this post to learn how to turn them on, and please share your feedback at that thread ā€“ weā€™ll be listening closely as we continue to iterate :smile:

5 Likes

Woo! Great news! :clap:t3::sparkles:

Iā€™ve just turned mine on and Iā€™ve never been so excited for someone to assign me workā€¦

3 Likes

Yoooo this is NOT working. I donā€™t get any notifications

Welcome to the Forum @Victoria_Harrell and sorry to hear youā€™re running into trouble here; letā€™s see if we can fix this together!

• Can you confirm youā€™ve followed the steps in this post to enable browsers notifications? Introducing browser notifications!

• Can you also check you donā€™t have your Do Not Disturb enabled?

• And last, can you confirm that you donā€™t have the Inbox snooze hack enable?

I look forward to your reply!

2 Likes

My understanding is that the only notifications being pushed out are communications between ASANA and us, not between team members. Furthermore, I need notifications coming from my TASKS reminding me that something needs to be worked on at a scheduled time or of a meeting for that matter. When Iā€™m in the middle of a task, I want to receive reminders to make a call, or move on to the next task, whatever.

This feature is not working at all for me either. Followed the steps. getting nothing. If I put a time deadline, should I get a notification on that time? I expect so but I am not getting anything.

Hi @claudiaocteau1 and welcome to the Forum! Sorry to hear about that; letā€™s see if we can find a solution. Just to be sure, youā€™re referring to browser notification right?

To help us exclude some possibilities, could you please confirm the information below:

1. Have you followed these steps to enable browser notifications? Introducing browser notifications!

2. Can you confirm youā€™ve followed the steps in this post to enable browsers notifications? Open Thread: Introducing browser notifications!

3. Can you also check you donā€™t have your Do Not Disturb enabled?

4. And last, can you confirm that you donā€™t have the Inbox snooze hack enable?

Looking forward to your reply!

Hello, I have been having major issues with Asana in the notifications department.
I followed the above steps on how to get the notifications to my desktop, however nothing has worked and the Asana team has done a poor job of helping me outā€¦ Is there anyone in this thread that could assist me? ANY help would be IMMENSELY appreciated!!!

The issue is that all of your notifications require another program to be open. People do not remember to open such programs at the start of the day. We need an app for windows that runs in the background and can be saved to the Taskbar. What happened to the ā€œMy Asana Appā€ for windows?

Hi folks! Closing out this thread as we recently launched Desktop browser notifications :tada:

1 Like