Desktop App Accessibility - Display/Type Size

Important to be able to control font size/display within the app for accessibility.

Moving from a Chrome environment where it is a simple 'Ctrl" + Scroll wheel to increase the display size to a desktop app that is static and must be controlled by the clunky platform accessibility controls is not a good user experience.

Hi @Steve_Hackbarth, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the near future. I’ll keep you posted if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Totally have to get this fixed. Anyone over 40+ won’t be able to see it, not to mention folks with issues with eyesight. Sadly, I can’t use the desktop now, if I’m on my laptop without my large monitor.

3 Likes

100% on this, came here to find if this thread existed, seeing as I just tried out the app. It’s not very usable on a smaller screen as I can’t see enough, and a horizontal scrollbar still doesn’t exist - I want to be able to zoom OUT, which I am able to do in the browser.

Just found a solution here which allowed me to zoom out with the Ctrl + and Ctrl - shortcuts, also accessible in the Admin Console/View menu: Asana Desktop App - would like to be able to zoom - #7 by Martynas.P

However, Ctrl and scroll, and trackpad gestures, would also really help accessibility.

2 Likes

I really like asana very much but we really need the ability to increase the font size in the desktop app. Over 40? Try 50’s with progressives!

1 Like

Control + works for me on the desktop app.

2 Likes

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Because I have eye sight challenges, my PC’s global settings are at 125% font size. The desktop app does not properly display. It is challenging to navigate. Scroll bars are inaccessible. The only solution is to reset my settings to 100%, which a) is not great b/c I can’t actually read at that size, and b) is a pain in the rear if I’m trying to “reset to 100” it each time I go to Asana and then “reset to 125” each time I go back to other work.

Steps to reproduce: On PC, go to settings, Display, scale and layout - reset from 100% to 125%. Then attempt to use Asana.

Browser version: N/A but I use chrome

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Brooke_B, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

This is exactly what I needed, thank you!

1 Like

I found that pressing “CRTL” and “0” keys will decrease the display size and pressing “CRTL” and “+/=” keys will increase the display size.
This solution works well for people using a laptop and the Asana desktop app.

Personally, I do not like using the internet browser version of Asana so figuring out how to adjust the display size on the desktop app has been very beneficial. This is especially true for laptop users who switch between using a workstation with multiple monitors (at work) and use the Asana desktop App on their laptop screen (remote work).

It only makes my browser tabs bigger, not the actual display of the Asana Desktop App itself.