Custom Task Templates

There are a few threads on this in the forum, and all seem to point to the fact that a Task Template feature has not yet been introduced…is that correct? Just want to be completely certain I’m not overlooking this. Thanks!

I don’t think this feature has been implemented. It would be really useful to have task templates for repeated work at team/project level.

1 Like

I see that this is a popular request.
In the absence of the asana team finding a way to implement the task templates, I can think of an alternative solution:

1. Create a project: Template tasks
  2. Insert in that project all possible task templates to contemplate in most of your scenarios
  3. Fill in the complementary information of the task templates.
  4. As you need a template task in one of your other projects, you just need to duplicate the task template and move it to the destination project.

Additionally, if you do not want to have a “Template Tasks” project visible in your list of projects, what I would do would be to create a team called “Templates” exclusively for this. He would also take the opportunity to add members of other teams to the team so that they can also create their template task projects. Projects called Tasks templates as well as template projects could coexist in this team.

To abbreviate and know which department the task templates belong to, I would name the projects in this way:

TT - Marketing = Task Templates for Marketing Department
TT - Financial = Task Templates for Financial Department
TT - Operations = Task Templates for Operations Department

PT - Marketing Campaign = Project Template for Marketing Campaign
PT - Operations = Project Template for Operations Department
PT - Financial Q1 2020 = Project Template for Financial Q1 2020 Department

What do you think guys?

2 Likes

+1 on this feature request - requested 2.5 years ago with consistent interest. Would be great to see this added into Asana.