Custom Fields Not Printing

I created a new project and want to print the list view of all tasks and sub-tasks, including the custom fields.

The custom fields appear fine on my screen, but do not show in the print preview or the actual hard copy produced.

I see a topic in this for people who don’t want the custom fields to show up in print, and yet, I seem to have the opposite problem.

Any suggestions?

Hi @Gary_Levine! Sorry to hear you are running into this issue.

In order to investigate this further could you please share a screenshot of the task you are trying to print and a screenshot of the print preview? Please make sure to hide all private information.

If you don’t feel confortable sharing the Screenshot publicly in the this thread, feel free to DM me (You just need to click on my name above and select “Message”).

Looking forward to your reply!

Thank you for getting back to me. I now realize that the custom field values are printing beneath the tasks. I was expecting to see them in their columns, similar to the due dates, and otherwise like the view itself.

Any suggestions for accomplishing that?

1 Like

Gary, This isn’t possible in Asana itself but you might be interested in Asana2Go (disclaimer: I’m the creator) which can offer part of what you need out of the box, and the rest with a custom report:

Larry

2 Likes

Thanks Larry - I tried Asana2Go and it is pretty cool.

I’m not much of a programmer, but I’m curious what it would take to alter the presentation of sub-task names so that the parent task is shown in front of the sub-task’s names.

My use case is for a project to edit, and then reorganize the navigation hierarchy of pages in a website.

I’ve made each main menu heading a Task, and each sub-page under it, Sub-tasks. I created a custom field to let me know if each page needs to be reviewed & edited, if it is ready to be “moved” to a different parent, or if page content is finalized and it simply need to be placed in the correct hierarchical position in the website menu.

It would be a visual “convenience” to more easily identify the sub-tasks as children of their parent tasks.

@Gary_Levine,

Thanks for trying Asana2Go and the compliment.

Since the name of the parent task is an available field in Asana2Go, it should be trivial to display subtask names preceded by the parent.

If you’ve found that one of the standard reports works for you, and you just need that one tweak, let me know which standard report.

On another note, you may have reasons otherwise, but I wonder if setting up your project with each menu as a section and each page as a top-level (not sub-) task. If nothing else precludes it, this might make everything a little easier to work with; or maybe too late.

Thanks,

Larry

Using sections is a great idea! I’ve already converted the task with the 34 sub-tasks to a separate project. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Happy Monday @Gary_Levine! :wave:t5: Glad to hear it’s working for you!

I’m marking this as resolved but don’t hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance!

Thank you @lpb for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! BTW, also working a bit with Asana2Go to improve printed outputs for clients.

2 Likes