Files in tasks copied in different projects

Hi, I’ve just joined the Asana community forum, I hope I’ll ask questions in the most useful way.

I’ve copied subtasks from Main Project to another project called Subtasks. This is to enable users to filter all subtasks by the assignee.
Unfortunately, though, there is a field (“Hours”) that appears in list view in Main Project, but does not appear in list view in Subtasks project. If I go to “Customise” to change the fields in list view, “Hours” is not listed as a choice. Can someone please help me understand why this is the case and if there is a workaround? Thanks all!

Hi @anon75076597, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! :slight_smile:

You would need to add the custom field to the Subtasks project if you want to see it as a column in list view. I also recommend you checking if the field is added to the Organization library. If you add the field to the library, you will be able to add the same field to multiple projects and create reports by that custom field.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

Thank you Emily, from the Main Project I added the field to the organisation library and I was then able to add it to the list view in the Subproject. Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like