Custom Fields in My Tasks

How is it possible this isn’t done yet - requested 5 years ago? I’m using tags when there’s a perfectly good field I should be able to see. Please prioritize this.

2 Likes

Hi there ,

In the list view of “my tasks” there is no way to customize the fields to include a custom field I created to be a part of all of my tasks. The custom field I added to all of our tasks is extremely relevant to understanding and prioritizing workload for our team, so it’s pretty critical that we can see it’s value when looking at our own tasks.

In calendar view, you can see the color block associated with the custom field, but there is no way to see it at all in list view.

Am I missing something? Or can this feature be easily added somehow?

1 Like

Hi,

This is a highly requested feature, there is an existing thread you can easily find.

1 Like

Hi @Abby_Watson1, while this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

I wish I had more votes to give this one! The good news is that with the DATE - Custom Field Type request going live this is now the second most-voted request in the feedback category. You can do it, Asana!

2 Likes

I am hopeful custom fields will make their way into My Tasks :muscle:

1 Like

This task has been open for almost 5 years and there are 426 comments and votes. I’m guessing only 10% are annoyed enough to comment. That means there are probably 4,000-5,000 people who would love to have this feature.

This is a core task management feature. You want to be able to sort all your assigned tasks across multiple projects by your custom fields, like priority, time, area of work, etc.

Come on Asana team, let’s get this feature done. It’s just a new view that needs to be created.

9 Likes

Agree 100%. This is a core fundamental need. If the UX with having too many Custom Fields visible is the primary source of concern, then limit it to 1 or 2 Custom Fields in My Tasks. Done.

2 Likes

+1 PLEASE add custom field visibility control to My Tasks!

I am looking for another PM tool due to absence of this feature. I don´t want to because Asana otherwise fully suits me. Inability to prioritize my own work across projects makes me angry.

Asana, please make it!

1 Like

@BohumĂ­r_OndrĂĄk did you consider having a rule that multi-homes anything assigned to you in a private project, and there you can have custom fields?

2 Likes

I’ve used custom sections in my My Tasks to better prioritize things. Although we can’t add custom fields at this time, we can still create rules in our My Tasks!

Yes, i made this workaround and I am only little satisfied - this solution adds unnecessary step and disrupts designed UX. Why should I bend the tool instead of use well designed process? I don´t get it.

3 Likes

This would be an extremely useful feature for the next update!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Just keeping this 5-YEAR-OLD thread open forever. I know for myself, and most others we all LIVE in the “My Tasks” section. I have 35 projects in my asana so I rarely have time to click on each separate project to see something as important as task priority. Right now I have hundreds of tasks in the “My Tasks” Section covering the next year and it’s beyond insane that there is no priority column. No were not going to click each project to see priority. It’s also such wasted space. It’s like it wants to be there but it’s not allowed.

When I have at least 20 tasks per day I want certain ones to stand out in MY TASKS.

We all love asana but hook us up a little. This, and allowing more than 30 days for periodically repeating tasks after they’re done.

Two SIMPLE features. Let’s go!

5 Likes

DITTO

DITTO to everything in this thread. What gives??

I don’t see JohnAbeel’s comment, but I think the issue is that everyone on this thread has been asking for this feature since June 2017 and it’s now July 2022. I’m going now to read the link you posted.

1 Like

Hello @Martha_Hopkins
welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

I understand that you are frustrated that this feature is not yet available.

However, what I can say is that Asana has always been and is constantly listening to their customers and implementing new features. Just have a look at all the features they launched in the last few months and also last year, which includes well-requested ones from the forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love seeing Asana Forum Ambassador’s gaslighting completely genuine user complaints and requests! Really good look.

1 Like

Best response ever!

I am in a similar “train” with using Asana for a company I work with. I was originally encouraging people to leave Trello and Monday and other competitors because I loved Asana…but when new things (things not demanded in a thread for years by users, like this topic) are being rolled out all the time while these important topics get no movement, and the Forum is being poorly managed (because topic get “Closed” automatically even when they are not resolved, and some Forum Ambassadors seem to even take pride in gaslighting user comments and feedback) I feel like I need to get off the train… (even though it was my favorite!)