Custom Fields in My Tasks

Yes indeed @anon32486017, you can’t have a custom fields displayed in My Tasks yet.

How is this still not implemented? It seems like a basic feature. Please implement this soon!

1 Like

I just added 4 in 2 minutes, it’s really like shooting fish in a barrel.

1 Like

This should be done ASAP. Ridiculous that it hasn’t been implemented or is at least in progress.

This would be incredibly helpful as I use custom fields to gage my task effort in hours and also to communicate progress on a task (e.g., in progress awaiting review). As it stands, when I view ‘my tasks’ for the day I lose my custom fields and need to use my memory to recall task status and effort in time. If I can’t recall I go on a navigation journey opening browser tabs for each task just so I can plan out my day.

A positive user experience would be to have my custom fields available in My Tasks so I can gage task status and effort in hours. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if this changes anything for you, but if you sort by due date and then select all tasks and move them to a new section, when you drop the due date sort, it’ll keep them in that order. Once you have that, you can drag tasks manually from there.

@anon15930166 @Jeanine_Scott1

Wondering if the Asana team is prioritizing this need for custom fields in the My Tasks view? If so, what’s the tentative roll out date? If not, that would be great to know too, as it may change whether some organizations choose to stick it out or not. Please just share the latest! Thank you!

1 Like

I totally agree. This thread gets a lot of activity yet nothing from ASANA. Have you voted for the enhancement?

1 Like

You should all keep upvoting, Asana is definitely listening and looking at those request regularly!

2 Likes

Filter “My Tasks” by priority. It is unbelievable that this feature is still not integrated in 5 years. It’s a very simple development though. It is something that will affect our choice as a company because we use it very often in our current project management tool.

Tasks must have a priority, right? If the person to whom we assign the task cannot see it, how will he understand which task to prioritize?

4 Likes

YES I was just able to be the ONE-THOUSANDTH person to vote for this. That was the dopamine hit I needed this morning.
Asana developers! It’s time!

2 Likes

1000+ votes, s**t is getting real!

2 Likes

Now if we can get to 10,000, we can see some action from the dev team!!

I went elsewhere because of lack of action on this :frowning:

1 Like

Not going to lie, this seems like a pretty basic and vital function to have failed to implement since 2017. I feel like every time I am looking for a useful tool in Asana, I dig through forums only to find someone from the company has stated the feature isn’t available. I pay for the premium tier of Asana and I am consistently pretty heavily disappointed by this software’s limitations. I’m really considering canceling my subscription soon.

6 Likes

This is a feature that should be added pronto! Would appreciate attention to this request.

3 Likes

Adding my vote.

1 Like

i would like to be able to have custom tags that show in my tasks. Not necesarily carrying over the custom fields from other projects but the ability to add specific ones to my tasks. It could be really helpful for me to be able to track where somehting has come from, which of the websites my team manages it’s for, and some status fields.

Literally if it worked like it does in any other project would be the ideal. I’m really surprised it doesn’t. Thanks for pushing this feature forward!

1 Like

Please ADD this feature - just make it customizable like any other board

1 Like