Ctrl-Backspace to beginning of line disables typing in Description and in Comments

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

I use Ctrl-Backspace to delete messages 1 word at a time instead of 1 letter at a time, but when I delete all my words so the textbox is blank, when I begin to type again, nothing happens.

Steps to reproduce:

Click a task in a project’s list to view it. Click into the Description textbox. Type a few words, then Ctrl-Backspace until the words are gone, then try to type. Nothing happens.

Browser version: Mozilla Firefox 72.0.2 (64-bit)

Welcome to the Forum @Tyler and sorry to hear you are running into this issue.

Could you please try to clear your cache and cookies and let me know if the issue persists? If you are still experiencing this issue, could you please try the following steps?

1. Is your browser up to date?
  2. Are you able to reproduce with an incognito window?
  3. Are you able to reproduce with another browser?
  4. Would you mind recording a screencast to help us visualize the behaviour you are getting? Loom is a great app for video screencasts: https://www.useloom.com/

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

If you don’t feel comfortable sharing the Screencast publicly in the this thread, feel free to DM me (You just need to click on my name above and select “Message”).

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi @Tyler :wave:t5:

Since we haven’t heard back from you, I’ve gone ahead and closed this bug but don’t hesitate to reach out If you continue experiencing this issue!

Thank you! Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.