Cursor jumps down in description field

When I klick in the description field, the cursor automatically jumps to the end of all text in there, instead of staying where I put it.

Steps to reproduce: Klick in description field.

Browser version: Firefox 81.0

“click” of course :slight_smile:

HI @Daniel_Wittig and thanks for the report.

1. Can you confirm if this is happening with a private/incognito window?
  2. Could you confirm if you’re running into the same issue with another browser?

Hi @Daniel_Wittig! just checking if you are still experiencing this issue? did you have the chance to try the steps sent above? :slight_smile:

I am having this issue too (or a very similar one, anyways), and so are my colleagues. It’s driving us absolutely nuts. When we click to start a new comment in a task, probably 35 or 40% of the time the cursor will automatically start on the second line, and if we’ve already started typing and didn’t notice we have to move the cursor to the beginning and delete the extra line. It’s destroying my flow!

Screen shot below to show where the cursor is jumping to
Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 1.20.42 PM

I would like to amend my statement - it’s happening on 100% of new task comments now.

Yes it is happening in a private Firefox 81.0 window too. (Although rarely, the effect is missing, seemingly when coming back to a task I just recently clicked in)

I did not see the issue in Safari 13.1.2. in my test today.

We also saw it in Firefox on Windows 10.

@Daniel_Wittig, thank you so much for the additional info. To help us investigate this issue, could you please record a quick screencast illustrating the issue? In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Thank you so much for your help, we really appreciate it!

Hi @Daniel_Wittig, I also just tested this but unfortunately I’m not able to reproduce the issue. Can you try to clear your browser cache Mozilla Firefox? If the issue persists, please send us a screencast so we can investigate this further!

Thank you! looking forward to your reply!

Hi @Daniel_Wittig, I’m moving this thread to the #bugs:resolved-bugs category since we haven’t heard from you. Please feel free to reach out and confirm the information above if you are still experiencing this issue!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.