When importing tasks via CSV, importing descriptions doesn’t work.
- Create a list of a few tasks in Asana with descriptions for each task.
- Export as CSV file.
- Create a new project,
- Choose: Add tasks via CSV
- Upload that same file you just exported
- Check “Use first row as column names”
- Choose “Name” column under “Task Name” Menu
- Uncheck “Include row data in the Task Description”
- Click “Start Import”
Everything imports except the task descriptions (which, in the CSV file is under “Notes”)
You can however get the description to import IF you check “Include row data in the Task Description”, which is useless because then the description for every task looks like this:
Task ID: 614733575527932
Created At: 2018-03-30
Completed At: —
Last Modified: 2018-03-30
Name: Test task
Assignee Email: —
Start Date: —
Due Date: —
Notes: Here is the description.
Projects: Video Template Test
Parent Task: —