Create multiple tasks copies at once

Good idea! I agree it would be very useful to have the copy option with multi-selecting tasks, as we have for one unique task.

2 Likes

Upvoting, this is super necessary.

1 Like

UPVOTE!

This would be amazing. It has my vote!

Upvote, though without any optimism, seeing how people have been asking for this feature for several years now.

We’re in the process of comparing Monday with Asana (am running both for a month). I have to make a decision in 18 days. Since our work is frequently repetitive (bookkeeping), the ability to easily duplicate sections is a must. I hate Monday–it’s fussy, annoying and expensive…but they make duplication really, really easy (you can even schedule it), so may have no choice.

Hey @Gila_Halleli
as for assigning task copies this should help: Ways to save time in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Regarding copying sections would template projects help with that?
You could even have a template project with all the required tasks and then when required create a new project based on the template or if no new project is needed you could still set up a rule so the tasks get multi-homed

Please bring this feature! Mutiple copy task.

2 Likes

UPVOTE! I consider Asana to be BROKEN until this very basic functionality is added.

I get the feeling that @Asana doesn’t want to implement this because if you can coy multiple tasks and subtasks, it’s basically just like creating a template, which is a Premium feature. :dollar: greedy.

No. We have bespoke tasks for each client which repeat each month. So setting a trillion different project templates (which I believe we would have to pay extra for, no?) is not an option.

We bought a subscription for the year and have already turned off auto-renew. Team hates that they either have to copy over each. line. separately. or copy and paste and then fill in the details in each. line. separately. There has to be a product out there which provides fair usability at a fair price.

Upvote for this - this is a make-or-break feature for our team - so we’re currently moving away from ASANA to other platforms that offer this basic functionality. I’m surprised that since 2018, this hasn’t even been actioned.

Upvote!

We need to be able to copy specific tasks (including subtasks, fields, assignees, etc) from various templates into Existing projects since we often work with the same clients over and over on different things.

This functionality would help take the place of a Task Template library (task templates globally available instead of set per project) since that doesn’t seem to be coming any time soon.

2 Likes

There should be a checkbox option ‘Duplicate All’ on top of the other options to check when duplicating tasks for ease of use and also makes management way quicker.

Hey @Jaro_Necesito,
agree this would be helpful.

Not sure if it helps, but some workarounds are listed here.

Oh and I have found an existing feedback request now so I merged your post into that one. Don‘t forget to upvote.

1 Like

Upvoting this feature is NEEDED!

I’m doing workarounds like duplicating a project and porting the tasks i want to duplicate back into the project but it’s TOO MANY STEPS and TOO MUCH WORK for what seems like a very simple feature! Just need the ability to select multiple tasks and duplicate ALL of them easily while maintaining all data fields! This really is a make or break feature for Asana and my company is investigating competitors because of simple problems like this that Asana just takes too much effort to do!

1 Like

Hello everyone :wave: Quick update on this topic: we’re just rolling out a new feature allowing you to duplicate entire sections in your projects :partying_face: To learn more, check out this public announcement → Duplicate sections in your project!

In the future, we also hope to let you duplicate a set of selected tasks in your projects. I’ll be in touch here once I have an update on this other topic :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes