Converting subtask to a task in Board view

How can a subtask be converted to a task in Board view?

1 Like

You need to use the advanced search to see the project content as a list layout and drag the subtask in the center pane. Do you see what I mean?

1 Like

What are the settings you’d use on the Advanced search? If I use the “in project” filter, it doesn’t let me drag subtasks in the right pane into the center pain. Am I missing something?

Yes I was wrong sorry. You need to use advanced search to see the subtasks, and then you can either multi select them to assign them to the board layout project, or drag them to the right pane into the correct project. Both should work.

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I ended up doing.

For other Forum members who might come across this, in my case, I had a Board layout project that had a task with a bunch of subtasks, and I wanted to bump the subtasks out to be their own tasks. There wasn’t a good way to do this directly within the Board layout, but I basically did as @Bastien_Siebman suggested: I added the parent task to a List layout project, and was able to open that project and the task there, select, and drag the subtasks into the main List layout project. I made sure they were still in the Board layout project and then removed all of them from the List layout project. Worked like a charm.

2 Likes

I tried this and although they appear in the main task on my board or list, they are still listed as a sub task to the original task. If I deleted them from the list they are deleted in both places.

1 Like