Choose Days of the Week Options for Relative Due Dates When Using "Add subtasks" Rule!

I am creating a workflow with rules that trigger as a task moves to each column in the journey.

The main function of these rules is to add subtasks to the task at each column.

I love that I can assign an owner to each subtask and a relative due date for a certain amount of days from the day the rule triggers.

The problem I am having is that the relative due date sometimes falls on weekends, which my team is not available to complete the subtasks.

It would work for me if I could set the relative due dates, then be able to choose the days of the week I want those to possibly be scheduled on.

For example, if the “Add subtasks” rule triggers on a Thursday and the Subtask had a relative due date of 2 days from the trigger day, the subtask would have a Saturday due date. I would love to be able to choose Monday through Friday as possible options for that due date, have the rule automatically adjust the date to Monday, and push the following subtasks out accordingly.

Hi @Thomas_Waterman, thanks for providing this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available right now, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

Hi @Thomas_Waterman,

Just FYI, our Flowsana integration’s “Add subtasks” rule action will automatically skip weekends. :slight_smile:

Hi @Thomas_Waterman, exciting news! We have just rolled out Project Templates 2.0 which allows you to skip weekends when adding relative due dates to project templates! :tada: Check out the full announcement here: