Checklist in task cards

Ah, yes. I see what you mean. I agree, and I’ve seen a number of Community threads requesting subtask counters. I hope that feature is on the Asana roadmap.

3 Likes

Add another person to the checklists in Asana list. I would love to see that feature.

1 Like

Checklist ++

2 Likes

I would love if Asana had the checklist feature as well!

1 Like

I agree! I think I’ll have to go back to Trello if there’s no checklists in Asana. Doing them all as subtasks is more time consuming too. The checklist feature in Trello is sooo quick and easy!

3 Likes

I second this. There are times when the items to be done don’t justify the creation of a subtask. In many cases this would end up conceptually fragmenting a list that should be kept together. The closest way I can mimic this currently is to create the subtasks and then have a list of links to the subtasks.

+1 on checklists please! Not in 4 years. Now! I could program it in 1 night. Let’s get on it!

1 Like

+1 on this. This is a huge one for me. Specifically, it’s the inability to template checklists and copy them between task cards. Recently the section: functionality changed so copy/pasting ruins formatting making it so laborious that it’s not even worth the time. This Trello feature is exactly what I need. If there is away to achieve it in Asana, I’m all ears.

2 Likes

Another vote for checklist here. Come on guys, this is SUCH a basic feature! Why is it still not available yet!??!

1 Like

Is there a product feedback post we can vote on?

1 Like

i agree, using sub-tasks as checklists is not even close to a working solution

1 Like

It would be great if Asana had the checklist feature. Fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Note that my Flowsana integration now lets you create templates of subtasks and have them automatically added to tasks based on a wide variety of trigger conditions. There’s more info on it in this forum post.

I’m reasonably new to Asana & Asana Forum so I don’t quote me but I believe the way it works is through making suggestions via posts in the forum and whichever suggestions get the most votes (indicating the most desired features) will usually catch the attention of the team and might get shortlisted to be considered for future updates. Note that I use the term “might” because there have been some heavily upvoted features which have been requested by the community for a long time but still have not been considered.

Yeah checklists would be great this feature alone makes me almost want to move back to Trello. It’s so much more compact and easier to look at then tons of subtasks scattered.

We would also like to see a checklist option. Sub tasks are great for just that, sub tasks. But let’s say I have to order 1,000 unique items for a project and the project manager wants to see what has been ordered, shipped, received and delivered , then a checklist would hold much more value then scrolling and scrolling through sub tasks.

1 Like

Hello i totally agree, we have been working with asana for 6 months now
We have over 50 active clients and over 30 employees
Checklist would be awesome to make everything lighter
Thank you

1 Like

Another great thing in Trello’s checklists is that I can have several of them in one task (ticket). It allows me to organize things much better.

I need this too.

Yes I need this too!!! Please and make sure it has the % complete update on the front of the card