Change the project owner

Is it possible to change the project role in Asana even if you are not the “owner” of the project? Or is there any way to make myself the owner of the project? A team member is on maternity leave and I need to change the name of their projects. Also, there are people on the team who are no longer with the company, what happens to their projects? If I remove their license, what happens to those projects? Or is there any way or type of permission that allows me to change the roles of the projects?

Currently, I have been made an “admin”, but I don’t see any benefits of being one.

1 Like

@Elia_Munoz_Cobian - what level of admin are you? (admin on individual projects, for your team, or super admin for your whole organization) Also, what plan level does your org have?

The answer to those questions will influence your best path forward. If you are an admin on individual projects, you should be able to make changes to project info (including name and owner). You can set owner/other roles from the Project Overview tab.

When you remove users, their projects do not get deleted. I believe that you might be able to go in and claim their projects if they were the only admins, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

You might also want to support this thread:

2 Likes

Hi @Elia_Munoz_Cobian

Yes, as Stephen mentioned, when you delete a license, you will be prompted to de ide what to do.
It will usually ask you to create all their tasks in a project and will ask you who you want the project to be assigned to.

The outcome is:
Project is create (historic tasks for Ex Employee)
A task will be created to you as an asignee and in the description is the link of the project. (assuming you are a super admin).

Here are couple of articles from the guide you might find useful.

Rashad

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.