Super Admin Ability to Manage All Project Details

Super Admins should have the ability to provide all aspects of project support even if they are not a Project Admin.

Primary Needs:

• Delete Project
  • Edit Project Details

Currently if an associate creates a project that they should not have or in the incorrect team, and are unreachable due to time off or termination, tickets to support need to be submitted.

Super Admins are provided this role as they are a trusted administrator for their respective Asana organization. Having the ability to manage projects without jumping through hoops to be a Project Admin, seems appropriate.

21 Likes

Hi @Kara_Collins completely agree - there is alot of talk about super admins needing more visibility, like not being able to see private projects etc

7 Likes

There is a very serious issue in workflow. As a super admin I do not have the ability for total oversight of the organization’s ability to organize and adjust workflows and owners. This absolutely needs to change ASAP. I have seen multiple threads in this forum that have been deflecting or misunderstanding the necessity to edit or move projects. This used to be a key feature but is no longer.

If this change is not implemented by the start of 2024 then we will be forced to switch to another project management software. It simply will not scale with our company, and the fact that this has been and issue since July and no solutions shows the lack of support from the team.

Best Regards

12 Likes

Welcome, @Henry_Remington,

I’ve merged your post into an existing thread where you can click the title to scroll to the top and vote by clicking the purple Vote button.

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

Replying to this thread so it does not close. This needs action.

3 Likes

Replying to this thread. Keeping this moving as we need action on this from the team.

3 Likes

@Danielle-GenD have you heard anything from Asana admins about fixing this?

1 Like

Hello,

Replying to this thread again. There is a large issue with managing content that would be under our company umbrella. If someone were to be doing something illegal or illicit on our paid for platform without our knowledge and or control then we are liable. This needs to be fixed asap.

Best Regards,
Henry Remington

2 Likes

Hi @Henry_Remington there is no news on this currently. It is not a bug it is just how the system is designed so there isn’t an ETA on a fix. You do not have to reply to this post to keep it open. It will not be closed unless it has been developed.

1 Like

+100 Super Admin should be able to control all projects. Workarounds that include being added to every single project are the type of work I was looking at Asana to solve. Otherwise, being asked to submit tickets to support anywhere from once a month to once a quarter when we would like to do regular maintenance is also not a great experience. Not even accounting for turnaround time, who is going to make sure that the support team follows directions, or go back and forth if there was a mistake in the request? That is not fair to the client nor the support team. As mentioned earlier, this is a security risk.

4 Likes

Hi, @Kara_Collins

It is a most excellent proposition.

Please refer to my post regarding project management.

1 Like

I’m still disappointed that this function is broken because my other very workplace apps, such as Salesforce (CRM and Slack), Mailchimp, Google Cloud etc have this functionality at the basic tier, as do the top Asana competitors that I passed on.

HOWEVER! I did ask for support, and they helped me, which is good for now. Submitting a ticket is not a long-term solution, but if we do have to send consistent tickets, perhaps that will be another input to get it added to the roadmap because it’s a basic expectation to be able to control your application once you pay for a team.

1 Like

@Ka_Nishiyama Excellent proposition. It is unfortunate that your suggestion was 6 months ago. Sounds like the team at ASANA are not interested in fixing this issue.

@Danielle-GenD Understood, however I do believe that this is a critical issue that has been known for half a year now. The fact that there isn’t any news on this fix is unacceptable and should be continued to be pushed. Users like @Ka_Nishiyama and @Jalexander , and may others, have asked for this fix and yet there has been only silence or closed forum topics. I do not accept that this is a low priority issue.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be an improvement if an admin could see / do more things in the admin console?

I am thinking of:

Acces to Fields library
An overview of all projects with the ability to see / change project permissions

Any other suggestions?

4 Likes

@Herve_Buisset,

I’ve merged your post into an existing thread where you can click the title to scroll to the top and vote by clicking the purple Vote button.

You may also want to search in Product Feedback to see other requests for additional admin rights that you can vote for, or add more specific individual requests of your own.

Thanks,

Larry

3 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi,

i’m the Super Admin of my company and Asana, but recently somebody added a project where i’m only a editor, i can’t alter main areas, like the tile of the task. How is this possible?

3 Likes

here#s the message, what is a project admin (is this a new feature?) and why does he have more rights than a super admin?

5 Likes

nobody??

1 Like

@Thomas_Trumm,

For better or worse, this is working as intended (probably for privacy reasons).

Thanks,

Larry

3 Likes