How do I change the owner of a project?

Hello.
I have a team member who we are phasing out as she retires. She “owns” projects. How do I switch ownership as needed? Once we remove her email and seat in Asana won’t her projects delete? We have multiple team members on her project(s)

1 Like

Hi @Chris_Winsey, here is how you can handle this transition: Asana FAQs and common questions | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide and to specifically answer your question, you can change project owners following these steps: Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

1 Like

Awesome Marie. Thank you!

1 Like

You’re ver welcome @Chris_Winsey :slight_smile:

Hi! @Marie! I’ve read your explanations but still unable to change ownership / delete a project.
An ex-employee (already removed) owns de project and is a template. I can’t delete it or change the ownership.
Would you help me please?
Thanks!

Hi @Luciano_Tirelli and sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

Sounds like you might have comment only access, which would explain why you can’t re-assign the project ownership. If someone on the project has edit rights, they should be able to give you edit rights following these steps. If nobody in the project has edit right, our support team should be able to help you gain access to these!

1 Like