Cannot view mentions of me in inbox

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
My coworker submitted his shift recap (as a task in a project, everyone is included as a collaborator so we all see it), and created a subtask (assigned to himself) and @mentioned me and another coworker in the subtask description.

I go to my inbox, filter:@Mentioned, and it does not show up. How come? Isn’t it suppose to show me all the mentions of me?

Steps to reproduce:
See above

Browser version:
Google Chrome 107.0.5304.88

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Eric_Lee3 , welcome to the forum :smiley:

I beleive this is expected behaviour. The @mention in a description field does NOT trigger a notification in the person’s Inbox. It only works for comments.

Your coworker would need to add you as a collaborator, or better yet, simply post a comment instead of adding that information in the description field. If you set theat as a convention for everyone, your issues will be solved :wink:

1 Like

Richard, thanks for the quick response.

That is interesting to say the least… Is there any way to search for subtasks I’ve been mentioned in the description then? I can then just save that search to identify the times I’ve been mentioned in a task description.

We have quite a few @mentions to each other in the task description.

Also, I am a collaborator in the subtask - I’m looking at my inbox and asana only notified me of their subtask when they marked it complete.

Also, is there any way to add multiple assignees to one task? Or is it best practice in Asana to have 1 assignee and @mention others in the comments of that task?

I don’t think you can, even using advanced search but…

since you are a collaborator, you can use advanced search (click search top right, then ‘advanced search’ at the bottom of the list:

• leave the ‘contains the words’ search field blank
  • add your name in the ‘Collaborators’ field
  • at the bottom, add filter, subtask

yes, there is, have a look at this article under the section ‘Assign Copies’: https://asana.com/guide/help/tasks/people#gl-assignee

this depends - if the ‘others’ have actions to do, then best to create separate tasks for them so they show up in their ‘my tasks’, otherwise @mention them in comments to add them as collaborators and show up in their inbox :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.