Mentions of myself don't show up in Inbox filter "@Mentioned"

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I always mention myself in tasks with TODOs I want to do later like adjusting the description of a task etc. and I always found them in the “@Mentioned” filter in my Inbox when I had the time to work on them later. But recently, when I mention myself, the tasks won’t appear anymore in my Inbox.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Mention yourself
  2. Go to the Inbox filter “@Mentioned

Browser version:
Firefox 86.0

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Cihat_Guenduez,

Generally speaking, Asana never alerts you of action you’re taking yourself (for example, if you like on of your own comment you don’t get notified while you would if someone else like the same comment).

I’ve never come across this use case you’re describing, so I’ll need to check with our team, but I have a feeling this could be an expected behaviour. I’ll be in touch as soon as I have an update!

Hi @Cihat_Guenduez,

I just heard back from our team who confirmed we Asana does not fire Inbox notifications for actions you’re taking yourself. There may have been a time when this worked but if so it was unintentional and we’re not planning to re-introduce it.

Instead, have you consider creating follow-up tasks?

@Marie What’s the point of being able to mention yourself then? Why don’t you just turn off mentions of yourself to make this consistent? The only purpose of mentions I know of is to see them in your inbox. If I can mention myself, I should see it in my inbox. It’s very confusing / misleading as it is right now, every new team member in my team basically expects this to work. So if you say this is by design, then at least fix the UX issue here and remove the self-mentions feature instead of marking this as solved without any action. Thank you.

@Cihat_Guenduez,

While I do understand where you’re coming from, I see other use-cases where being able to @mention yourself can be useful (ie: in task used to reference points of contact). I don’t believe we will remove this feature, but I’ll be sure to share your feedback with our team as there are other way we can address it!