Can a subtask exist/be accessed in multiple locations?

Hello everyone,

We use Libris and in it you can create a folder or gallery that can simultaneously live and be accessed in multiple locations. Can a subtask in Asana function this way? If I’m creating a new subtask that wasn’t part of my original plan, I have 2 buckets that new subtask should fall into and would like for it to live in both. I don’t want a duplicate subtask - I want the same subtask in both location so that if you access it one way and make any changes, it reflects across the board. It’s like having a house with 2 doors instead of 1. Any help would be much appreciated - thanks!

Hi @Gabor_Szendrei, welcome to the Community Forum :slight_smile:

This is a great question! I recommend you multi-homing your subtask in different projects. Then, any changes or updates in the subtask will be visible in all projects.

For more information, please have a look at this thread: Subtasks in multiple tasks and projects

Let me know if you have follow up questions!

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, Emily. In my particular case, the task/subtask would live under a different section’s task/subtask, but within the same project. When I tried adding another line for project/section to the the task/subtask, it wouldn’t allow me to select the same project. Any solution to this would be great. Thanks! Gabor

Hi @Gabor_Szendrei, thanks for the additional information!

I see what you mean, it’s not yet possible to multi-home a task in two sections inside the same project. There is an existing thread in the Forum, I suggest you to add your vote here.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day!

1 Like