Calling all our iOS users! Introducing Voice Recognition for iOS - Create tasks with voice recordings!

Hello everyone,

We’re so excited to introduce our brand new Voice Recognition feature for iOS! With this new feature, you can create a task by simply recording a voice message, which will be instantly transcripted and saved into the task description. We think this feature will be particularly useful when you need to quickly create tasks on the go, or if you need to add a long/complex description to your task; but we can’t wait to hear how you use it and why you find it helpful.

Please note that transcription will be limited to the language configured on the iOS device and may not be available in all languages.

Our online guide hasn’t been updated just yet, but we’re working on it, so you should soon have a brand new article dedicated to this new feature! In the meantime, feel free to post any questions or comments you may have in the comments below, we’ll be more than happy to help and answer any of your questions!

Have a great Monday!

5 Likes

Great idea, but unfortunately, Apple’s voice to text is anything but impressive.

Curious if this is any different from just using say the “voice dictation” option built within most Android keyboards like G Board?

Might be misunderstanding this functionality (does iOS not have a voice dictation button on the keyboard, I see a voice button in the bottom-right of the screenshot posted)?

1 Like

Hi @abass,

iOS does have a voice dictation button as you noted.

The differences I see between using the native iOS dictation and the Asana variant are:

• iOS puts the dictated text as the name of the task, whereas Asana puts the text in the task’s Description, then puts the dictated text, or the first 37 characters of it, as the name of the task.

• Asana attaches the recorded text as an audio file attachment to the task.

6 Likes

Howdy @Marie, hey so is this something different than the Siri integration? Meaning can’t you already just say “make a task in Asana” in iOS so why bother clicking into the app and then clicking the microphone icon? Sounds less efficient but I may be missing something! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Sam_Leahey,

You’ll find the same differences I listed in the post just above in terms of what’s different between doing it in Siri and using the new Asana feature.

2 Likes

Thank you @Phil_Seeman :slight_smile:

Are there plans in the pipeline to link this through to Siri? Currently I can ask Siri to take a note in other apps but not Asana.

1 Like

HI @Alana_Thomas, I don’t believe this is in our immediate plans, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted in the Forum as soon as I have more updates on this topic!

1 Like

That’s odd, it works for me. Here’s how it goes on my iPhone:

Me: “Hey Siri, create a task in Asana”
Siri: “OK, what should it say?”
Me: “Call Joe regarding the Frammitz project”

That creates a new task in Asana called “Call Joe regarding the Frammitz project”, assigned to me.

1 Like

Thank you @Phil_Seeman! I’ve just trialled this and it turns out Siri just needed permission to interact with Asana. Settings updated and we’re away.

2 Likes