Bug with recurring task with subtasks that have a due date

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
One of my clients brought to my attention that there is a bug in Asana where a task that is recurring and have subtasks with due dates.

Steps to reproduce:

Setup: Task Recurring and Subtasks that is dated

When: Tas is marked as completed the new task is created and subtasks is added as expected

Problem: The due date of the old subtask is carried over to the new subtask.

I cannot think of any situation where this is helpful. It would be more helpful to either clear the subtask due date or have the due date in relation to the parent task.

It this the expected behaviour?

Hi @Paul_Grobler Unfortunately this is expected behaviour and yes it is a pain… Have a look at this Community Post for more detail.

Jason.

Thanks for the link @Jason_Woods. One of my questions is that if this is expected behaviour, In what situation would someone want this expected behaviour? I can only think of one situation: A micromanager wanting a person to do redo the same task into infinity :wink:

@Paul_Grobler Am inclined to agree. I did end up having a workflow that worked okay that once the last Subtask was completed I would review and uncomplete the task and clear the due date.

It worked most times…

Jason.

HI @Paul_Grobler and @Jason_Woods,

Hopefully this is something we can improve in the near future, I’ll be sure to keep you in the loop when I hear more about what’s coming up!

2 Likes