[BUG] The web interface constantly highlights

When clicking on the background to exit out of a task view, I always manage to end up getting the whole interface selected (see screenshot). Asana devs, please add user-select:none to your CSS for the interface!

Untitled-1

Raising a bug and giving the solution, nice :muscle:

Welcome to the Community Forum @MikePote and thanks for the report!

Could you confirm if you’re able to:

• Reproduce the issue with another browser (and if so which one?)
  • Reproduce the issue with a private window (just to be sure that an add-on installed on your browser isn’t triggering this issue)

If you could also let me know what browser (+version) you’re using and what OS you’re running it would be super helpful to help us investigate the issue!

Looking forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Hi Marie,

To reproduce:

When looking at a project’s Board view, open a task so that the task modal is showing. Now click and drag the greyed out background to dismiss the task pane (sometimes I misclick and accidentally click and drag. This is what causes the bug). On FF and Edge the entire page gets selected and you cant deselect it until you click in the white top bar.

The issue is worst on Firefox 61.0.2 (64-bit) and Edge 42.17134.1.0 running on Windows 10.
I can reproduce it with a private window.
I can reproduce it with Chrome 68.0.3440.106 (64-bit) but it’s much better and you have to have clicked and dragged specifically in the top white bar in order to get the bug to happen.

Thank you SO much for the details steps @MikePote, I was able to reproduce the issue in Chrome too, so I’ve gone ahead and filed a bug for our Development Team, I’ll be in touch as soon as I get the confirmation that this issue is resolved!

Thanks again for you help and the quick follow-up, really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

1 Like